_DotNetStuff and more...

Friday, January 16, 2009

SQL Server Standard Edition 2005 upgrade to SQL Server Standard 2008 upgrade rules fail

I had an issue with SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Rules. I was running SQL Server 2005 Standard. I could not get past the Upgrade Rules. I told me I was trying to upgrade to an incompatible version and to see the version matrix. It made no sense to me. I ran "Select @@version" and it all came back correct. I did some digging into the Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Summary.txt. I found out that my Reporting Services and tools version were installed with SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition.

What! How could that be? Yes, that is what I had installed, so not matter what version I tried to upgrade to it failed. The installer could not figure out what to do.

The Solution:
None really, I could not upgrade.
So, I had to re-create my environment with a new clean install of SQL Server 2005 Standard w/ Reporting Services then go through my upgrade tests. All was fine after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home