_DotNetStuff and more...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 fixes Reporting Services nested data region export to Excel

I recently upgraded to SQL Server 2008. The primary reason was to fix an issue with SQL Server Reporting Services - Excel Export issues with nested data regions.

"Any data region nested inside of a table or matrix data region is not supported. An error is displayed in Excel if this layout is encountered."

They reportedly fixed this issue in SQL Server 2008. I my testing supports the claim and we no longer have the "nested data region errors".

I must say that I was impressed with the new installer. Microsoft goes to great lengths to validate your SQL Server configuration before trying to upgrade. I had one upgrade issue that I talk about in this post, that was caused by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home